The Sevastopol Hotel is the oldest hotel in Sevastopol. Located in the very center of the city, it is surrounded by parks and all kinds of attractions. The building itself is a monument of architecture.
On 11th of January 1949 Executive Committee of Sevastopol City Council of Deputies adopted a resolution on building a new hotel according to Council of Ministers of the USSR Decree on acceleration of reconstruction of postwar Sevastopol issued on 25.02.1948.
On October 3rd 1959 the construction was over and newly built hotel Sevastopol and restaurant Sevastopol opened their doors.
Considering the significance of location, in 1953 architects Mr. Trautman and Mr. Stavinsky designed hotel’s building to be attractive from all four facades.
The hotel was built in Stalin neoclassicism style with specific for postwar period style and forms of classical architecture.
Since its opening in 1959, the hotel has become «home away from home» for famous and notable Sevastopol guests – politicians and statesmen from different countries, international organizations representatives, astronauts, scientists, writers, artists, sportsmen. More than once the hotel was a stage for documentary and feature films with famous actors in the cast.